Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Total Breakdown (fwd)

Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:16:15 -0400 (EDT)

Thought this one would be worth forwarding to the list:  A user
saw severe problems after upgrading to 1.1b7-2 on Windows, as
described in the excerpt below:

> I just installed 1.1b7-2 and has one weird thing
> followed by one fatal thing.
>
> Weird thing = many files had extra blank lines displayed.
> Turned on 'Show EOL' and I could see that lines with
> that ended in CR only had a blank line (CRLF) added.
>
> Then I tried to debug.
>
> ENTERING WINGDB.PY
> -- Type return or enter to exit --
>
> Nothing happens - these two lines print immediately
> and the debugger never seems to do anything at all.

The problem was failure of the upgrade to replace all files that
had been patched after installation of 1.1b7-1, through application
of bug fixes.

The solution was to completely uninstall Wing, manually remove
any remaining files (other than "profiles", which can be retained)
and then reinstall.

This is now covered in http://wingide.com/support/faq#s2q2 and
has been added to the bug list; the exact cause of this is currently
unknown and this problem does not always occur.

- Stephan