Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] <no subject>

Tue, 18 Sep 2001 18:56:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Jens Gelhaar wrote:

> 1. Source Window. It is pretty useless to me, because the source
> window is at the bottom of the window. When I open an real project and
> try to locate an file or a class, there is no space left for the
> source. I would prefer the tree on the left side and the source sub
> window on the right side.
> 2. I would prefer to see the open files on card riders. When I open 10
> or more files, it is difficult to find the right one quickly.

These two are related in terms of the general need for more flexibility in
defining window layout and contents.  The next beta release should support
a way to view multiple files within one or a few windows rather than
always opening a new window for each file.  Hopefully we can also do
something about the source browser; side-by-side arrangement would be a
good option.

Note that in the interim you can zoom out to the seperate source window by
right-clicking on the class/module view area.  That's useful in some
cases.

In the longer term we'ld like to make all of this entirely configurable,
including ability to change contents of source browser and debugger
windows (which could also embed a source view).  But this kind of full
flexibility isn't planned until some time after version 1.1.

> 3. The interpretation of the python source results in an small but ugly bug. Lets assume
>
>   class a:
>      pass
>   class b:
>      pass
>   a.refer=b
>
> you write something like that. There are 3 entries in the view for
> that module in the source window and everywhere else.

Yes, looks like variable 'refer' is being shown as if it's at the top
level and not in class a.  I've added this to the bug list.

Thanks for your suggestions and feedback!

- Stephan