[wingide-users] pass vs. return

Stephan R.A. Deibel
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 16:27:22 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:
> Is there a reason that ending a function with 'return' makes the
> auto-indenter reduce the indent level, but 'pass' does not effect
> it?

I sometimes use pass along with a command to indicating a missing block of
code in an algorithm, not necessarily one within an if or other indented
scope.  So wasn't thinking of pass as implying dedent like return, raise,
and break.

However, dedent is probably more often wanted so I went and made the
change in our source base.

If anyone thinks this is a must-have before 1.1b8, let me know and I'll
make a patch...

- Stephan