Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Another issue

Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:06:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:
> One the line between the functions. If I backspace the spaces on that
> line, getting ride of its whitespace, the "minus" for code folding
> goes away on the last if statement (but only on that particular if
> statement).

I can't reproduce this with the snippet you sent but can believe such
problems may exist in folding depending on context (in this case, I
probably just don't have the right context to trigger it).  One possible
problem is a previously reported bug associated with automatic brace
matching, which incorrectly tries to expand folds and sometimes confuses
the editor about fold state.  It may also be failure to recompute fold
points far enough.  This is now on the list for further investigation.

> Sorry for flooding you with issues. If I'm working at the top of a big
> source file, with folding on, when I type """ in working on a doc string,
> it takes a while because WingIDE decides that the rest of the source file
> is comments.
>
> I'm not sure if there's a resolution to that besides just optimization.

This is probably a result of re-styling the document further than is
needed for display.  That happens in some cases like this and is on the
bug list for optimization.

Thanks for the reports!

- Stephan