News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] bug? :: inconsistency in environment

Nigel Head nhead@houbits.com
Wed, 12 Sep 2001 18:58:46 +0200

I just ran into a small inconsistency between what Wing (1.1b7) sets up and
running under pure python (2.1) :

type(__builtins__) shows dictionary under Wing and pure python gives this as
a module.

I only noticed because I have one script that patches the builtin str() to
replace it with something else and the code for doing the patching needs to
be different:   (__builtins__.str=newstr vs. __builtins['str']=newstr).

Is this difference intentional?  Am I just displaying my Python novicehood?
Or what?

Nigel.