News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Source Browser: What do I have to do to see anything inthe Documentation tab?

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:40:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Franz GEIGER wrote:
> Ah, I saw why and this brings me to another problem which is annoying me:
>
> Some py-Files edited with Wing IDE 1.1b7 do have only LF at the end of a
> line, some have CRLF, and some have CR and CRLF mixed (i.e. lines only
> ending with CR, other sending with CRLF). In the latter case Wing IDE schows
> an empty line between lines containing code.
>
> Files with mixed CR/CRLF line endings often do not compile, because of
> strange syntax errors.
>
> Files with mixed CR/CRLF line endings must be repaired with a text editor.
>
> Am I the only one with this problem?
>
> Platform: WinNT40/SP6
> Wing IDE 1.1b7 + Font-Patch + "Debugger startup at program startup"-Patch.
>
> P.S.: The problem occasionally occurred in beta6 already. But since beta7 it
> shows up more often.

Prior to 1.1b7, Wing would get confused about line endings to insert on
lines added with the editor.

This happened both on typing in certain cases (I believe it was almost
always was using CRLF on win32) or when you pasted text from another file
with different line endings.

As far as we know, the problems with mis-matching line endings have been
fixed, but of course any previously mixed up files would need to be
corrected.  I'm wondering whether previously munged files are confusing
the new algorithm more since it's actually trying to match line endings
correctly where 1.1b6 didn't really do that?

It should now be matching what's already in the file, which it determines
by looking at the end of the first line. If there aren't any existing line
endings in a file, the default is determined by the preference
edit.new-file-eol-style.

If you're definately seeing Wing munge line endings now in previously
correct files, please send any additional details you have to
support@wingide.com.

We'll in any case re-test this here again as well.

Thanks, and sorry about the problems.

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!