News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Debugger: Can it show methods too?

Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:19:49 -0400 (EDT)

You can alter the preference debug.omit-types to change the filtering
that takes place.  For example the default is:

debug.omit-types=('function', 'builtin_function_or_method', 'class', \
                  'instance method', 'type', 'module', 'ufunc')

The entries are the return value of type()... just remove those you
want to see.

You can also probe a paused debug program using the interactive shell,
where such filtering does not take place.  I tend to do that in the
relatively rare cases where I want to see methods or call backs.

Hope that helps.

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!