[wingide-users] change the default fonts for menus and buttons on win32!
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 17:05:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 wrote:
> I have no idea why wingide selected such an unreadable font.  I
> tried selecting the ``Set Display Font Size'' option from the
> ``Source'' menu but that had no effect.

Wing attempts to use the Windows default menu font for its menus and
button labels, but it will fail to use the correct font in some
situations.  I can reproduce this by removing the Arial fonts from my
system, but there are probably other situations in which this occurs.

We've put together a patch that addresses some of these problems.  This
patch is for win32 only and is fairly large (~390K) so you may want to
skip it if you don't have the menu font problem.  The patch is available
as Patch #1 for 1.1b7 from
The patch is installed by unpacking the files it contains into
c:\Program Files\Wing IDE

An FAQ entry explaining how to change the default fonts will be added
tonight.  I'd like to thank Cimarron Taylor for his help in tracking down
this bug.