Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Folding

Fri, 7 Sep 2001 16:34:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:
> Folding is cool. It would be nice if there were a way to set it to
> fold certain elements. For example, an option like 'Expand all Classes'
> or 'Expand all Functions' might be useful. That way I can get a nice,
> quick overview of some of my structures.
>
> The folding is none the less very cool. I'm stoked about this release.

We've got something similar on our TODO list:  Fold all but toplevel
classes, so you see the classes and methods but the methods are folded.
I think this could be expanded quite a bit in various ways.  Feedback and
ideas are definately welcome!

In case you didn't notice, you can use various alt-* key equivs to
collapse all then incrementally expand, which achieves the same sort of
overview result in many cases.  See also the manual section 4.3 for the
modifier+click options when you click in the fold margin.

There is one bug in folding noticed just after the release:  Search
fails to expand to found locations.

- Stephan