News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] WingIde 1.1b8 debug crash

Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:46:23 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Argentino Trombin wrote:
> I have installed three python versions 1.5.2, 2.1  and 2.2.
>
> When I run the debugger I get a core dump and the scrren message you can
> see in the attached file.
> In /usr/bin python is a link to python2.1. The debug message though
> seems to be trying to work version 1.5.2 in the IDE.
>
> What am I doing worng? BTW the package I am debugging only works with
> version 2.x of python.

Wing IDE itself runs under a private copy of Python 1.5.2, so the message
you're seeing is referring to that.  The debug process should be running
under whatever version of Python is found first on the path, or the one
you configure in the Project Properties dialog from the Project menu. (On
Windows, it's actually not scanning the path by default but instead
looking for the latest version of Python in the registry).

You can verify that the correct Python is used by looking at the Show
Analysis Stats item in the source menu or by typing 'import sys' and
'sys.version' in the Interactive Shell.

If Wing is finding Python 2.2, it will fail as that version of Python is
not yet supported in 1.1b8.  2.0 and 2.1 are supported, however.

If that's not the problem, please send details bugs@wingide.com.  Your
attached file was stripped by an email gateway or otherwise lost from your
message before it arrived here so it may be necessary to send the info
some other way.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for using Wing IDE!

- Stephan