[wingide-users] 1-1b8-1 locks up when adding files, dir trees or packages

Stephan R.A. Deibel
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:09:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, F. GEIGER wrote:
> 1-1b8-1 locks up when I add files, dir trees or packages. Removing works,
> though. So I cannot edit my projects anymore!

FYI, this was caused by a circular import that confuses the source code
analysis engine into an infinite loop.  The user had a module called that imported from the system exceptions module using a
'from exceptions import ...' form.  Wing was finding the module itself
rather than the system-wide module, possibly partially due to the use of a
*.pth file in the Python installation directory.

The work-around is to change module names or possibly altering the
PYTHONPATH in the Project Properties dialog will work also.

Should be rare and will be fixed but hopefully in the interim the above
will help anyone else that runs into this.

- Stephan