News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Multiple editor views in 1.1b8

Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:36:25 -0400 (EDT)

On 23 Oct 2001, Martin Preishuber wrote:
> I just installed the new 1.1b8 release. I think the possibility to edit
> files in multiple windows is a _big_ improvment (I usually forget to
> import things so I have to scroll up and down all the time ;-)), but the
> handling is a little bit unusual I think. Consider the following
> workflow:
>
> 1.) there's one open file, let's say "main.py"
> 2.) I create a clone of the window
> 3.) I set the focus on this window
> 4.) I move to the project window and click on another file "test.py"
> 5.) The new file opens in the first window (I think it should in the
> second one)
>
> The same happens with blank windows, but not constantly. This way it's
> pretty difficult to really control the behaviour of multiple windows
> currently.

I'm not seeing the above bug either on Windows or Linux except when
running my X server with focus-under-mouse.  In that case, if the focus
was last on the first source window, it will be used for the new view.
This should perhaps be changed to use the most recently clicked-upon
window instead.

If that's not what you're doing, please let me know so we can try to
track this down.

Thanks,

- Stephan