News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Multiple editor views in 1.1b8

Martin Preishuber martin.preishuber@eclipt.at
23 Oct 2001 18:43:15 +0200

Hi there,

I just installed the new 1.1b8 release. I think the possibility to edit
files in multiple windows is a _big_ improvment (I usually forget to
import things so I have to scroll up and down all the time ;-)), but the
handling is a little bit unusual I think. Consider the following
workflow:

1.) there's one open file, let's say "main.py"
2.) I create a clone of the window
3.) I set the focus on this window
4.) I move to the project window and click on another file "test.py"
5.) The new file opens in the first window (I think it should in the
second one)

The same happens with blank windows, but not constantly. This way it's
pretty difficult to really control the behaviour of multiple windows
currently.

Martin

--
Martin Preishuber - IT Expert, Student, SysAdmin
http://www.eclipt.at, mailto:Martin.Preishuber@eclipt.at

Objects are lost only because people look where they are not rather than
where they are.