News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Strange behavior when raising my own exceptions

Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:18:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, F. GEIGER wrote:
> I run my app within Wing IDE. Within the app "custom" exceptions are
> raise-ed. These exceptions are not caught.
>
> What I get then is:
>
> ENTERING WINGDB.PY
> Runtime failure details:
> Runtime failure details:
> Runtime failure details:
> Runtime failure details:
> Runtime failure details:
> -- Type return or enter to exit --

> The definition of FileNotFoundError is:
>
> class FileError(Exception): pass
> class FileNotFoundError(FileError): pass
>
> I use Wing IDE 1.1b7-2. Python is ActivePython 2.1.1.
>
> Has this something to do with the new global hook for uncaught
> exceptions which is intro'ed by 2.1.1?

Hi,

The problem isn't specific to Python 2.1 but a general failure to report
certain kinds of exceptions.  I bug introduced just before 1.1b7-1 I
believe.

There is a bugfix patch for this now, for both Linux and Windows:

ftp://wingide.com/pub/wingide/prerelease/1.1b7/exception-bugfix-1.1b7-2-all.tar

To install, unpack into your Wing IDE installation to replace existing
files.

Sorry about the problem.

- Stephan