 Search:

[wingide-users] Multithreading support

Jeff Sasmor jsasmor@gte.net
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:40:58 -0500

Wing IDE is great - but how do you debug multithreaded programs?

There's no mention of threading anywhere in the docs -
in the "task and bug list" document we see this line:

* Support multiple concurrent debug connections and threads

So is there any hope, or does one perform "crash and burn and
guess" style debugging.

Note: this is not a dig on Wing- I have been using it every day for 6 months.

It would be great if you could at least switch off the main thread and
onto another one so you could trace thru your logic somehow.

Jeff Sasmor
jeff@sasmor.com
www.netkook.com is an "open Zope CMF site"