[wingide-users] Multithreading support

Jeff Sasmor
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:40:58 -0500

Wing IDE is great - but how do you debug multithreaded programs?

There's no mention of threading anywhere in the docs -
in the "task and bug list" document we see this line:

* Support multiple concurrent debug connections and threads

So is there any hope, or does one perform "crash and burn and
guess" style debugging.

Note: this is not a dig on Wing- I have been using it every day for 6 months.

It would be great if you could at least switch off the main thread and
onto another one so you could trace thru your logic somehow.

Jeff Sasmor is an "open Zope CMF site"