 Search:

[wingide-users] remote debugging

Richard Chamberlain richard@sunsetandlabrea.com
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 22:56:18 +0000

Can someone run the process of remote debugging for me step by step?

I tried it for the first time yesterday by popping a file on my isp,
uploading the debug server and setting network passive listen. I then set a
breakpoint ran the script and (unless I was dreaming!) it seemed to work.
Fantastic I thought - really easy.

Then I couldn't get it to work again, so I read the instructions and set the
webserver address in passivehosts - and debug.location-map, to map my local
directory to one on the webserver. Still nothing - The debugger message
changes, and if I set it to verbose in wingdbstub.py I can see it connects to
me - but no breakpoints! it even mentions them in the server output.

What I could do with is a short example bearing in mind that I'm running it
from a webserver.

Many thanks,

Richard
--
Real programmers don't document. If it was hard to write, it should be hard
to understand.

[www.sunsetandlabrea.com]