Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] license key

Tue, 22 May 2001 18:33:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 May 2001, Avi Schwartz wrote:
> Well, this is unfortunate.  I too purchased the Linux version and it would
> have been nice to be able, on occasion, to use the Windows version without
> paying for an additional license (or a for a *small* additional license fee
> for a second platform).

Sorry for any disappointment... our pricing is already quite low by any
standard, so we couldn't afford to offer additional platforms at an even
lower price.

If you're just working on Windows occasionally, you could run the debug
process on Windows and Wing IDE on Linux and debug over the network.  The
debug server doesn't do license checks so you're welcome to grab the
corresponding Windows version from the downloads area and use just the
debug server part.  The limitation is that you need some sort of file
sharing mechanism between the two machines so the server and Wing IDE can
both access your source files on disk.  This will be improved in version
1.2, which will do its own file transfers.

Remote debugging has been tried in a number of platform combinations,
between Linux and Linux, Linux and Windows, and one user even ported the
debug server to Lynx OS (a proprietary real time OS).  Details are in the
debug chapter of the 1.1b5 manual.

Hope this helps...

- Stephan