 Search:

[wingide-users] import ConfigParser

jpe@archaeopteryx.com jpe@archaeopteryx.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 17:49:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 13 May 2001, F. GEIGER wrote:
> Wanted to run an app running fine standalone and/or within PythonWin. But if
> I run it within WingIDE
>
> "import ConfigParser "
>
> in one of the modules does fail. It fails somewhere in the sre module.

I think Wing is stopping on the IndexError exception in sre that is caught
by C code.  If you continue running the program, the ConfigParser module
will load.  You can choose not to stop at this point in the sre
module in the future by checking the "Don't show me this exception
location again" checkbox in the error list dialog box.

Wing stops at this point because it is unable to determine whether the
exception will be caught or not because it is caught in C code.  This
is the correct behavior when Wing is in the default "stop on unhandled
exception" mode.

Hope this helps,

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!