 Search:

[wingide-users] Feature Requests

Andrew Edem aedem@kaxis.cx
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:18:00 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure where to send these to, so I'll send them to the user list
for now.

1. Multi-undo/redo menus (ala Word). That way if I do something stupid, I
can undo multiple steps in one motion, rather than Ctrl+Z'n until my
fingers fall off.

2. Colapseable code blocks. This is a feature that I've see in in Python
Win (included in the win32-all python package from Active State), and
Active State's Komodo IDE. It allows you to click on a "-" in the margin
for all indented code blocks, and hide them. It's mainly useful if you
have large classes that you don't want to see at the moment.

3. Auto complete for instance attributes (ie: those belonging to
"self"). This shouldn't be too difficult as the source browser can already
list the instance attributes as well as class attributes. (Also, I don't
believe the "self" variable itself is auto-completed, even when listed in
the argument list to a member method.)

-Andrew