[wingide-users] Zope: patch doesn't work with ZEO clients

Dan L. Pierson
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 17:55:29 -0500

Wing 1.1b3, Zope CVS checkout just before Python 9 (i.e. 2.3.1b1+).

Wing does work if I apply the patches and start up ZServer normally with
your version of the start script.  Starting a ZEO storage server is fine.
If I then
try to start a ZEO client, it works without the patch and fails with it
consistently.  By fails, I mean that:

1. Connections to the client are not reponded to and eventually time out.

2. The client cache file (e.g. var/c1-8800.zec) quickly reaches a fixed
of about 96k and never grows.  With a properly working client and my test
site it grows to over 500k by the time the page is displayed.

I haven't tried to debug what's happening.

Dan Pierson, Inc.