News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] More Windows problems, cannot find Python

Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:14:11 -0400 (EDT)

> I'll stick with Linux for now because:
>
> - I cannot debug project files on the network without mapping to a drive
>   letter. This is a shortcoming of the windows command line, it won't let
>   you work with a \\machine\share path.

Yes, this is nasty.  I'll add it to the list of things we should try to
handle better whenever possible.

> - Many actions in the windows interface are very very slow; it seems to
>   come up with a 'Bad command or filename' error on the console every time
>   I issue a command. The GUI freezes for a few seconds before continueing.

Hmmm, do you happen to have Python on a network drive?  We're still
trying to figure out the conditions that cause this and haven't yet
replicated the problem locally and it doesn't happen for everybody.

Could set the following prefs:

main.print-wing-debug-output=true
debug.-verbose-debugging=true

And then send us the total output of a run of Wing that includes these
"Bad command or filename" messages?

This may give us the info we need to understand and fix the bug.

Thanks,

- Stephan