[wingide-users] More Windows problems, cannot find Python

Martijn Pieters
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:59:16 +0200

Hi all,

Like Nelson Checkin, my installation of Wing 1.1b5 (with all the patches)
cannot find Python. Unlike Nelson however, specifying the python
interpreter explicitly does not remedy the problem.

My setup:

- Win98SE
- ActiveState Python 2.1 build 210

I also cleaned out all remnants of a ActiveState Python 2.0 setup (removed
all references to it from the registry).

I tried to set the Python executable in both the Project preferences
screen and the preferences file (debug.python-exec) with no success. The
interactive shell and expression evaluator keep stating that there is no
debug program.

Should I leave 1.1b5 for now and go with 1.0 instead? I'd like to use
Python 2.1 if at all possible. I'll try the Linux version in the meantime
as well.

Martijn Pieters