News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Can't find Python - plus "Bad command or filename"

Nelson.Chenkin@seagate.com Nelson.Chenkin@seagate.com
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 14:27:29 -0600

Greetings,

I just installed my 30-day trial version of WIngIDE for Windows. Looks
pretty decent at first blush.

Two minor issues so far:

1) Wing says that Python is not installed on my machine. But it is
installed and it is in the path. If I open a DOS box I can just type
"python" and I'm there. It's not installed in Program Files, but it is on
my machine. When I debug I just tell Wing that Python Executable is
"python" and path is use environment, and its happy. But maybe that message
I get is related to the second item:

2) While running Wing, the Windows DOS box used by Wing is filling up with
"Bad command or filename" messages. Each time I debug I get another
message.

Any clues?

Thanks,
NC