News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

AW: [wingide-users] Problems debugging apps using Pmw 0.8.5

F. GEIGER fgeiger@datec.at
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 21:15:27 +0200

> If there are too many locations, you can also set Exception Mode from the
> Run menu to Never Stop (this is also settable from the
> debug.exception-mode preference).

No chance. Be aware that I get an error from Tk if I simply run the code by
pressing <F5>:

Error: 1
SystemError Exception in Tk callback
  Function: <method FormDatabase.formProducts of FormDatabase instance at
00E871FC> (type: <type 'instance method'>)
  Args: ()
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "../../..\Pmw\Pmw_0_8_5\lib\PmwBase.py", line 1690, in __call__
    None
  File "D:\Webware\WebKit\SellIt\labMySQL\siForms.py", line 56, in
formProducts
    FormProducts(Toplevel(), self.db())
  File "D:\Webware\WebKit\SellIt\labMySQL\siForms.py", line 96, in __init__
    Form.__init__(self, parent, db) # makeWidgets()
  File "D:\Webware\WebKit\SellIt\labMySQL\siForms.py", line 19, in __init__
    DialogModal.__init__(self, parent)
  File "d:\Webware\WebKit\SellIt\labMySQL\tkGui.py", line 20, in __init__
    Dialog.__init__(self, parent)
  File "d:\Webware\WebKit\SellIt\labMySQL\tkGui.py", line 15, in __init__
    self.makeWidgets()
  File "D:\Webware\WebKit\SellIt\labMySQL\siForms.py", line 170, in
makeWidgets
    group = Pmw.Group(self, tag_pyclass=None)
SystemError: ..\Objects\moduleobject.c:40: bad argument to internal function

It runs fine, if I run it from the console.

Would it be of any help to you if I sent you the sources? What you would
need is
-- my sources (a few py files)
-- PMW 0.8.5
-- MySQL 3.23.33 (NT)
-- WingIDE 1.1b5 + patches

If you isolate the offending code in my sources you probably will not need
MySQL.

Please let me know.

Best regards
Franz