News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Problems debugging apps using Pmw 0.8.5

Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:53:59 -0400 (EDT)

My guess is that this exception always occurs when you run but you don't
see it outside of Wing IDE because it's caught by code in an extension
module.

Wing walks up the Python call stack and looks for exception handlers in
order to determine if an exception is going to be unhandled, and in cases
where the handler is in C code, it cannot see the handler so assumes the
exception is not handled and stops on it.

If you check "Don't show me this exception location again" in the Error
List window and then push Close & Continue, it should solve the problem.

So far we've only had these come up in a few places in each app (e.g.,
under gtk and in Zope), so hopefully that will be true in this case also.
If there are too many locations, you can also set Exception Mode from the
Run menu to Never Stop (this is also settable from the
debug.exception-mode preference).

Let us know if this doesn't help...

Thanks,

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!