Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] while you're at it

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:11:12 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:
> It would be useful if ctrl+j (format) feature would treat docstrings
> properly. That is, if you format a docstring right now, it sticks it
> on the same line as the method prototype because it think they are
> part of the same paragraph.
>
> It would save a little typing and be a nice touch.

Yes, this would be nice...  The same issue exists for blocks of
comments... you currently have to temporarily place in a blank line to
prevent things from merging.

The reason for this is that the format feature isn't currently informed by
source code analysis, although it should be possible to hack something
that works pretty well without making this complicated.  I'll add this to
the list... it's been annoying me also.

Thanks,

- Stephan