News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Editor 1.1b6: Comment out region impractical

Tue, 24 Jul 2001 12:40:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, F. GEIGER wrote:
> The way how 1.1b6 does comment out region is impractical. Is there a chance
> to have it as it was?

Actually, it's been changed because the original was less practical with
indentation features. The current form lets you indent/dedent or
auto-indent selected regions even if parts of them are commented out. This
is particularly important when moving code around to places where it needs
to be adjusted in indent level and one would normally select the code and
hit <tab> to fix its indent depth.

In the next release, the old style of commenting will also cause problems
with structural folding of Python code (comments are not ignored because
they can also be folded up).  In fact, for that we've made an additional
change:  Blank lines are no longer commented out.

Given all that, are you sure you want the old style?

We could turn this into a preference, although the default would continue
to be the current style of commenting out and it would conflict in the
above-described ways with other code formatting features.

- Stephan