News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] WingIDE 1.1b6: Esc-Key to close calltips drop-downs?

F. GEIGER fgeiger@datec.at
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 11:09:50 +0200

In 1.1b5 it was possible to hide the calltips drop-down by pressing the Esc
key. Sincw 1.1b6 one has to press Csr-Left or -Rit. How can I reactivate the
Esc key for this purpose?

Rationale: Assume, that you want to change the spelling of some variables or
methods within several lines. You go to the name in question, delete a char
and then insert one. At inserting the calltips drop down. Now you want to
scroll down within the editor window to reach the next line you want to
edit. But as the drop down is still open you move within this drop down
instead of within the editor window. So you press Esc, but nothing happens.
You have to press Csr-Left or -Rite to hide the calltips. No you can scroll
within the editor window.

So you *can* close the drop down, but not with Esc, which I am used to close
calltips with. Probably a nice-to-have :-)

Best regards
Franz Geiger

DATEC Datentechnik GmbH
	Software Development