Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Installation problems

Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:27:02 -0500 (EST)

I think you can fix the problem by creating ~/.wingide manually.  There
seems to be a bug in version 1.0's startup/install sequence that fails to
create this directory if you place the license.dat file in the
floating-locks directory before you ever run Wing.

Alternatively, if you put license.dat somewhere else and not in
floating-locks, Wing should create ~/.wingide and then prompt you to point
to the license.dat file, which it will then copy into place in
~/.wingide.

Let us know if none of this helps... and sorry about the inconvenience.

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!