[wingide-users] Installation problems

Stephan R.A. Deibel
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:27:02 -0500 (EST)

I think you can fix the problem by creating ~/.wingide manually.  There
seems to be a bug in version 1.0's startup/install sequence that fails to
create this directory if you place the license.dat file in the
floating-locks directory before you ever run Wing.

Alternatively, if you put license.dat somewhere else and not in
floating-locks, Wing should create ~/.wingide and then prompt you to point
to the license.dat file, which it will then copy into place in

Let us know if none of this helps... and sorry about the inconvenience.

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python                               Take Flight!