News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] opening non-py file crashes on RH 7, Debian 2.2

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:34:00 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I'm guessing the problem is some binary incompatibility in RH 7 and Debian
2.2... neither of these are on our current list of tested platforms
although I'd readily agree that they should be.

On RH 6.1 and 6.2 I also get the warning about _gtk when I use Python 2.0
but it works otherwise under intensive use.  You might try running the IDE
under Python 1.5.2 in case some library difference is making this fatal on
RH 7 and Debian 2.2.

You can still run debug processes in Python 2.0 even if the IDE is running
in 1.5.2, in case your code depends on 2.0 features.  You can specify
which python to use in the project-wide or per-file debug properties.

We'll test this and try to fix it by 1.1 final.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!