[wingide-users] opening non-py file crashes on RH 7, Debian 2.2

Ken Kinder
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:13:12 -0700

Oh both Red Hat 7 and Debian 2.2 with WingIDE installed, I have the
problem that openning files in WingIDE crashes the IDE. In the
open dialog box, after I select the file, hit open, the whole IDE goes
down instantly. It outputs a segmentation fault.

Has anyone else had this problem? This happens on both my laptop and
desktop computer, my desktop running Debian and laptop running Red Hat.

Even python files named .cgi die when they contain "import" as text.
You can touch a .cgi file, open it in wing, type import, and the whole
thing will crash. This is very odd. Both machines also get this error:

	WARNING: Python C API version mismatch for module _gtk:
	  This Python has API version 1009, module _gtk has version 1007.
	Segmentation fault

At home I have slackware 7.2, and it works fine...

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Ken Kinder