News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Install Demo problems....

Fri, 23 Feb 2001 13:19:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

There are apparently problems in some of the distributions where
the gtk module was not rebuilt before making the Python 2.0 part
of the dist, so it's using the version 1.5.2 API.

However, this works and shouldn't be the cause of your problem.  Also
doesn't explain the complaints about the preferences file.  Did you alter
that file?  Could you send me a copy?

If you try Wing IDE version 1.1b2 this may fix the problem or at
least give a better error message... the Could not open X Windows
display message is bogus and was something that we fixed since
1.0 to be more informative.

Hope that helps... you can certainly solve the Python 2.0 problem
by installing Python 1.5.2 on your machine and setting up your
path so that's the one that's run by default when you start wing.

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!