News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] any ideas why this would happen?

Mike Decoteau MDecoteau@profitlogic.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:51:00 -0500

Thanks for your help.  Here's what I found:

The problem appears to occur on linux versions that have setuid on xterm.
In this case the xterm -e in wingdb will not inherit the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
The initial import of our swig'd module is ok due to a correct PYTHONPATH,
but it tries to drag in additional .so's that fail if LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not
set.

So the solution appears to be:

   * Don't use xterm.  I tried putting debug.use-xterm='false' in my
preferences, but it used xterm anyway.  If I hack wingdb to force the 'else'
path it works and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is available as needed.  What is the
proper way to suppress use of xterm?

   * I hacked the xterm case to preserve LD_LIBRARY_PATH by doing the
following:

exec xterm -T $TITLE -e sh -c "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
${WINGDB_PYTHON} ${PY_FILE} $*"

This works as well, such as it is.

Does this all sound reasonable?  Is there a better way?

Michael Decoteau, Software Development
ProfitLogic
617-218-1954
mdecoteau@profitlogic.com

We have changed our name!
TSI (Technology Strategy Inc.) is now ProfitLogic.