Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] PyQt-Apps

Thu, 27 Dec 2001 12:55:45 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, F. GEIGER wrote:
> Did anyone ever try to debug PyQt (non-commercial) applications? I did not
> succeed in doing so, neither with WingIDE (1-1b8, 1-1rc3: Server not
> responding; Debugging Stopped Unexpectedly) nor with PythonWin (hangs). So,
> is this something that's impossible per se?

Wing does include non-Python-mainloop support for pyQt, which is the
extra support that should enable pausing and setting or editing
breakpoints while the program is free-running.  If that's not working,
debugging should still work as long as you don't try to pause or
alter breakpoints while the debug process is running (i.e., not stopped
at a bp or exception).

In any case, this shouldn't be impossible and has worked in the past but
there might be something odd going on that's new since we wrote our pyQt
support.  Could you send the exact version info for the pyQt code you're
using to bugs@wingide.com?

Thanks,

- Stephan