News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Backing up one indent level while entering code?

John Ehresman jpe@archaeopteryx.com
20 Dec 2001 11:47:24 -0500

It looks like the problem with rebinding Shift-Tab is that the GUI
toolkit we're using (gtk) translates this to 'ISO_Left_Tab'.  If you
bind ISO_Left_Tab to outdent-region in your keymap.normal file, Wing
will outdent the line.  We're changing the default keymaps to use this
symbol and may treat Tab & ISO_Left_Tab as the same key in a future
release.

In the future, we also may imitate the Python emacs mode and outdent one
level if the backspace key is pressed when the cursor is at the end of
the indentation (at the first non-whitespace character).

Hope this helps,

John