[wingide-users] Breakpoint is ignored

Chuck Esterbrook
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:35:43 -0800

On Wednesday 05 December 2001 08:06 am, Stephan R.A. Deibel wrote:
> I'm suspecting that there is a partial or relative path name in
> sys.path and/or a module is being loaded using a partial/relative
> name and this is being combined with os.chdir().  You might print
> __file__, sys.path, and os.getcwd() both at time of the module load
> and at the time you reach the non-working breakpoint.

__file__ -> /home/echuck/Projects/Webware/MiddleKit/Run/
getcwd -> /home/echuck/Projects/Webware/MiddleKit/Tests
sys.path -> , /home/echuck/Projects/Webware, /usr/lib/python2.1,
/usr/lib/python2.1/plat-linux-i386, /usr/lib/python2.1/lib-tk,
/usr/lib/python2.1/lib-dynload, /usr/lib/python2.1/site-packages,

That's the same at the top of the module and also inside the method.

So the only relative item in sys.path is the very first one, '', which is
pretty normal for a sys.path. Also, it's not the means by which
Run.SQLObjectStore is found since neither Run nor SQLObjectStore are in
the same directory as

I re-read section 6.17, but didn't seen anything that applied.

I grep'ed the code for 'chdir', but didn't find anything.

I also printed the module, __file__ and __name__ as found directly in
sys.modules. Looks normal to me:

module MiddleKit.Run.SQLObjectStore -> <module
'MiddleKit.Run.SQLObjectStore' from
  __file__ -> /home/echuck/Projects/Webware/MiddleKit/Run/
  __name__ -> MiddleKit.Run.SQLObjectStore

Again, the program is inside MiddleKit.Tests so maybe that is
confusing wing. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Hope you can reproduce this.