 Search:

[wingide-users] Breakpoint is ignored

Chuck Esterbrook ChuckEsterbrook@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 09:06:30 -0800

On Wednesday 05 December 2001 08:06 am, Stephan R.A. Deibel wrote:
> > I just downloaded Wing 1.1rc1 and fired it up for the first time.
> >
> > I'm having trouble debugging Webware.MiddleKit. I'm running:
> > 	Webware/MiddleKit/Tests/Test.py
> >
> > with a breakpoint set in:
> > 	Webware/MiddleKit/Run/SQLObjectStore.py
>
> We'll try to replicate here according to your instructions.  You may
> be running into one of the limitations listed in the Limitations section
> of the Debugger Chapter in the manual (section 6.17):
>
> http://archaeopteryx.com/psupport/1.1/html/index.html
>
> I'm suspecting that there is a partial or relative path name in
> sys.path and/or a module is being loaded using a partial/relative
> name and this is being combined with os.chdir().  You might print
> __file__, sys.path, and os.getcwd() both at time of the module load
> and at the time you reach the non-working breakpoint.
>
> The support that fixes handling of most such cases is new in this
> release, so it may contain problems.  Again, we'll try to replicate
> here but I thought this info may help because you may be able to
> work around the problem by using only full path names on your
> path and in loading modules or creating code objects.
>
> Sorry about the problem.

Thanks for the quick response and the tip. I noticed in my recreation
efforts that wing didn't like '..' in sys.path but I didn't bother you
with that since using '..' is suspect in the first place (and easily
avoided by calling os.path.abspath).

I'll give this another try on MiddleKit with your suggestions.

-Chuck