Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Breakpoint is ignored

Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:06:27 -0500 (EST)

> I just downloaded Wing 1.1rc1 and fired it up for the first time.
>
> I'm having trouble debugging Webware.MiddleKit. I'm running:
> 	Webware/MiddleKit/Tests/Test.py
>
> with a breakpoint set in:
> 	Webware/MiddleKit/Run/SQLObjectStore.py

We'll try to replicate here according to your instructions.  You may
be running into one of the limitations listed in the Limitations section
of the Debugger Chapter in the manual (section 6.17):

http://archaeopteryx.com/psupport/1.1/html/index.html

I'm suspecting that there is a partial or relative path name in
sys.path and/or a module is being loaded using a partial/relative
name and this is being combined with os.chdir().  You might print
__file__, sys.path, and os.getcwd() both at time of the module load
and at the time you reach the non-working breakpoint.

The support that fixes handling of most such cases is new in this
release, so it may contain problems.  Again, we'll try to replicate
here but I thought this info may help because you may be able to
work around the problem by using only full path names on your
path and in loading modules or creating code objects.

Sorry about the problem.

- Stephan