News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Why can't I get the "indent-region" and the "outdent-region" keys to function with the editor in the normal mode...?

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:11:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, John Branthoover wrote:
> 	I am currently running Wing IDE 1.1b6 on a Windows NT box.  I have the
> editor in the "normal mode".  I can not seem to make the "indent-region"
> (ctrl-shift-greater) or the "outdent-region" (ctrl-shift-less) keys to do
> anything.  Also,  I am not able to record and execute macros.

Any key bindings with Ctrl + shifted value of a key like ?, (, ), etc do
not work in 1.1b6.  Both the indent/outdent and macro bindings are subject
to this problem.  This was broken in this beta due to flawed changes aimed
at supporting internationalized keyboards where these keys are not always
found in the shifted position of another key.

You can alter the bindings in your keymaps.normal file to work around this
until it is fixed in 1.1b7.  Ctrl+Shift+key style bindings *do* work with
keys like Home, End, arrow keys, F keys, etc.

Sorry about this...

- Stephan