[wingide-users] Mapping Run Buttons to Main File

Stephan R.A. Deibel
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 12:24:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Mikhael Loo wrote:

>    I have a project with a whole lot of files in different directories.  If
> I want to press any source window's RUN button and have the main program
> start up what do I need to do.

You need to set a main debug file.  To do this, go to the project window
and right-click on the file you want to be your main entry point.  Then
select Set As Main Debug File.  You can also do this from the Project
menu by bringing up the file and choosing Set Current As Main Debug File.

> I would also like all of my source code changes to be saved automatically in
> all of my windows.

The project can be auto-saved by setting the preference (this is already on by default).

Auto-saving the source files isn't supported in the current version but
that's easily added.  It's on the list for version 1.1 now.

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python                               Take Flight!