Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] wingdbstub question

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 22:46:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

wingdbstub.py is just a small file that imports the rest of the debug
machinery, which includes the contents of src/debug/server and
opensource/schannel (in the binary dist, these are located in
WINGHOME/bin/#.#.# where #.#.# is the Python version you are running; in
the source dist, they are at the top level WINGHOME).

Because the debug server includes a C extension module, you can't just
drag this stuff over to a unix machine, but would need to be able to
recompile the extension module (dbgtracermodule.c) on your unix machine.

If it were a Linux machine and not unix, then you could just download and
copy from the Linux dist of Wing IDE 1.1b4.  But right now we don't yet
support any unix variants, so you'ld need to purchase a copy of Wing and
then recompile the extension module yourself.

It would of course have been nice to avoid this problem by not having a C
module in the debugger but without that the debugger would be quite a bit
slower.

Hope that helps... please don't hesitate to ask more questions if you
decide to try to recompile dbgtracermodule.c.

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!