News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Wing IDE 1.1b4 windows won't start

Sunil Hadap Sunil.Hadap@cui.unige.ch
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 16:56:21 +0200

iHello,

I was so pleased to find Wing IDE 1.1b4 released for it's support for
Python2.0 I immediately tried, however, it does not work on Windows NT. I
have not installed Python 1.5.2 and Python20 is installed in C:\Program
Files\Python20. Wing IDE is installed in C:\Program Files\Wing IDE

When I launch it it displays following message before quilting. I could see
splash screen. On the first invocation it did ask me the license file and
preferences. But failed to run after the splash screen.

F:\Staff\shadap>wing
Warning: WINGHOME not in user registry; err=2
WINGHOME IS C:\Program Files\Wing IDE
--orig-python-path
Running Wing IDE with Python version 1.5.2
Warning: Could not read preferences file C:\Program Files\Wing IDE\preferences
Read preferences from C:\Program Files\Wing IDE\profiles\sunil\preferences
The name specified is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Thanks

Sunil Hadap