Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] debugging oddity

Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:57:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Were you sure to replace your old copy of wingdbstub.py when you upgraded
Wing?  Also any of the debug server files if your debug process is running
from a copy of those files that's not in the Wing installation and thus
replaced by the upgrade?

Also, if you now have multiple installations of Wing, you have to make
sure to set the correct WINGHOME in the wingdbstub.py file...in general,
the debug server from one Wing version will not work with the IDE client
in another Wing version.

Note that Python 2.1 can complain and report exceptions not seen in
earlier versions so if you've just started using 2.1 it's worth a check
that your code is really working without the debugger.  Although, in the
cases where I saw this, Wing was reporting those exceptions correctly.

If all that fails to help, please send me the stacktraces!

Thanks,

- Stephan

Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.                        Wing IDE for Python
www.archaeopteryx.com                               Take Flight!