[wingide-users] Release 1.1

Stephan R.A. Deibel
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:26:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 wrote:
> is there a very rough timeframe on when
> official version 1.1 is out (mainly for
> linux, but also windows).

We're trying to get 1.1b4 out this week... although admittedly we were
also trying to get it out last week so it may get held back if we find
more serious bugs.  We want to make this release as stable as possible,
although it won't be the 1.1 final because it will be missing the
following features:

- Python 2.1 nested scope support in code analysis (otherwise 2.1 works
  with 1.1b4)
- Printing on Windows
- Drag and Drop on Windows
- Source dist package for Windows (although the tar file can be used,
  the docs need to be updated)
- Updated Zope bundle + Zope bundle for Windows

In general, we already recommend using 1.1b3 over 1.0 final because it
contains substantial bug fixes and improvements.

- Stephan