Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Horizontal scrolling

Mon, 9 Apr 2001 23:16:11 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001, George Grisancich wrote:
> Why isn't there a scroll bar.  It's handy to be able to leave the cursor
> where it is, and scroll along the line.

Are you saying you're not seeing a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom
of the source window just above the line number indicator / status are?
There should be a scroll bar there!

Looking at this, I can see the jumping-back thing is annoying if you've
adjusted the scrollbar to the right and then click or do cursor
movement... it keeps going back left.

We should at least add a pref to do auto-scrolling only on real demand,
like when the cursor moves off the screen during cursor movement... maybe
only when typing takes place because otherwise it'll still jump all over
the place as you move up and down with the arrow keys.

Let me know if you have suggestions or if you're really missing your
horizontal scroll bar!

Should be able to get this into 1.1b5 (but not 1.1b4, which is too close
to release at this point).

Thanks,

- Stephan