[wingide-users] Horizontal scrolling

George Grisancich
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:11:08 +1000

Stephan R.A. Deibel wrote:

> Hi,
> On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:
>> Has anyone found a way to chill out the horizontal scrolling on wing?
>> When I scroll off to the right, and start typing or editing or
>> whatever, it keeps wanting to jump back to the left. Rather irritating
>> on long lines.

I haven't noticed the jumping, but the scrolling is irritating.

> It does try to scroll back to the left if you leave the long line and end
> up on a short one... it sticks to the left in this way, figuring that's
> mostly where you want to be.  Is this what's annoying you?

Why isn't there a scroll bar.  It's handy to be able to leave the cursor
where it is, and scroll along the line.

George Grisancich                       Information Technology Manager
Community Aid Abroad Oxfam Australia
tele: + 61 3 9289 9441   fax: +61 3 9419 5318  mobile: +61 419 283 833