Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Horizontal scrolling

Mon, 9 Apr 2001 22:59:34 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Ken Kinder wrote:
> Has anyone found a way to chill out the horizontal scrolling on wing?
> When I scroll off to the right, and start typing or editing or
> whatever, it keeps wanting to jump back to the left. Rather irritating
> on long lines.

It does try to scroll back to the left if you leave the long line and end
up on a short one... it sticks to the left in this way, figuring that's
mostly where you want to be.  Is this what's annoying you?

Actually, I also see a bit of ticking back and forth when autocompletion
comes up on a long line that's scrolled to the right... scrolling shifts
as the autocompletion box changes widths.

The latter should definately be fixed... and if sticking to the left is
bothering you, a pref could be added to turn this off so it only scrolls
when it actually needs to in order to show the caret.

- Stephan