News
Support
About Us
Python
Open Source
Store

 Search:

[wingide-users] Three questions: Backspace, Output and Crashes

Wed, 11 Oct 2000 10:51:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000, Emile van Sebille wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt response.  Backspace now works.
> Output still missing.
>
> I think it may be related to a series of warnings I get on
> the x-term window I started wing from.  There are ten that
> all say "Warning.  Cannot allocate color map entry for
> [colorname]".  This shows up when I put a break point on the
> last line of my program and run.  Then a black x-term window
> pops up, and nothing ever appears in it.

Yes, it sounds like the xterm is failing to initialize.  See if
you can start an xterm by typing 'xterm' on the command line.
Also try something like this:

xterm -T "TEST" -e python

This should bring up an interactive Python session in a new xterm.

If you can't get this working, just turn off the debug.use-xterm
pref as I described in the last email.  We will eventually replace
use of an xterm entirely to avoid configuration problems like this.

> The debugger window shows that the application test ran, but
> that's the one that segfaults when I click on a variable
> name.  When I tried using older copies of python, by
> changing WINGPYTHON, I got import errors, so I've probably
> left the prior copies broken on my system.  When I get a
> chance, I'll see what happens with 2.0b2.

OK, thanks!

- Stephan