[wingware-announce] Wing IDE 3.2.11 released
info at wingware.com
Mon Oct 11 08:30:04 MDT 2010
Wingware has released version 3.2.11 of Wing IDE, an integrated development
environment designed specifically for the Python programming language.
This release includes the following improvements:
* Improved Perforce integration
* Improved vi and Visual Studio modes, and keyboard navigation of the GUI
* Correct startup environment setup on OS X 10.6
* On exit or closing OS Commands tool, terminate any running processes
* Syntax highlight InnoSetup files
* Fix debugging scripts under Plone 4 (thanks to Robert Rotterdam)
* Fix Debug Attach to always work under Python 3.x
* Stop at exceptions when using python 2.7 unittest
* Correctly handle moving a file to overwrite an already-open file
* Don't crash debugger when modules set __file__ to invalid values
such as None
* About 15 other bug fixes
See http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/3.2.11/CHANGELOG.txt for details.
Wing IDE Professional http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide/3.2
Wing IDE Personal http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-personal/3.2
Wing IDE 101 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-101/3.2
*About Wing IDE*
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment designed specifically for
the Python programming language. It provides powerful editing, testing, and
debugging features that help reduce development and debugging time, cut down
on coding errors, and make it easier to understand and navigate Python code.
Wing IDE can be used to develop Python code for web, GUI, and embedded
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is
the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature
set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free simplified version designed
for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
Version 3.2 of Wing IDE Professional includes the following major features:
* Professional quality code editor with vi, emacs, and other keyboard
* Code intelligence for Python: Auto-completion, call tips,
error indicators, smart indent and re-wrapping, and source navigation
* Advanced multi-threaded debugger with graphical UI, command line
conditional breakpoints, data value tool tips over code, watch tool, and
externally launched and remote debugging
* Powerful search and replace options including keyboard driven and
UIs, multi-file, wild card, and regular expression search and replace
* Version control integration for Subversion, CVS, Bazaar, git,
* Integrated unit testing for the unittest, nose, and doctest frameworks
* Many other features including project manager, bookmarks, code snippets,
OS command integration, indentation manager, PyLint integration, and
* Extremely configurable and may be extended with Python scripts
Please refer to the feature list at http://wingware.com/wingide/features for
a detailed listing of features by product level.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
Wing IDE supports Python versions 2.0.x through 3.1.x and Stackless Python.
For more information, see http://wingware.com/products
*Purchasing and Upgrading*
Wing 3.2 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 and 3.1 users. Version 2.x
licenses cost 1/2 the normal price to upgrade.
Upgrade a 2.x license: https://wingware.com/store/upgrade
Purchase a 3.x license: https://wingware.com/store/purchase
Wingware | Python IDE
The Intelligent Development Environment
for Python Programmers
More information about the product-announce