[wingware-announce] Wing IDE 3.2.5 Released
info at wingware.com
Fri Mar 5 13:57:09 MST 2010
Wingware has released version 3.2.5 of Wing IDE, an integrated development
environment designed specifically for the Python programming language.
This release includes the following minor features and improvements:
* Several vi and brief keyboard mode fixes (see change log for details)
* Support recent git versions
* Fixed output buffering on OS X for debug process and in OS Commands
* Fixed debugger support for Stackless 3.0 and 3.1
* Improve input() handling and other debugger support for Python 3.x
* Iterator support for sys.stdin
* Avoid losing focus on Debug Probe when stepping in debugger
* Fix potential for crashing debug process on certain file names
* Don't crash when copying non-ascii text in OS command output
* Added delete, duplicate, and swap line operations to Source menu
* Added rename-current-file command
* Many other minor features and bug fixes; See the change log
at http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/3.2.5/CHANGELOG.txt for details
*Wing 3.2 Highlights*
Versions 3.2.x of Wing IDE include the following new features not present
in version 3.1:
* Support for Python 3.0 and 3.1
* Rewritten version control integration with support for Subversion, CVS,
Bazaar, git, Mercurial, and Perforce (*)
* Added 64-bit Debian, RPM, and tar file installers for Linux
* File management in Project view (**)
* Auto-completion in the editor obtains completion data from live runtime
when the debugger is active (**)
* Perspectives: Create and save named GUI layouts and optionally
transition when debugging is started (*)
* Improved support for Cython and Pyrex (*.pyx files)
* Added key binding documentation to the manual
* Added Restart Debugging item in Debug menu and tool bar (**)
* Improved OS Commands and Bookmarks tools (*)
* Support for debugging 64-bit Python on OS X
(*)'d items are available in Wing IDE Professional only.
(**)'d items are available in Wing IDE Personal and Professional only.
The release also contains many other minor features and bug fixes; see the
change log for details: http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/3.2.5/CHANGELOG.txt
Wing IDE Professional and Wing IDE Personal are commercial software and
require a license to run. A free trial license can be obtained directly
the product when launched. Wing IDE 101 can be used free of charge.
Wing IDE Pro 3.2.5 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide/3.2
Wing IDE Personal 3.2.5 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-personal/3.2
Wing IDE 101 3.2.5 http://wingware.com/downloads/wingide-101/3.2
*About Wing IDE*
Wing IDE is an integrated development environment for the Python programming
language. It provides powerful debugging, editing, code intelligence,
testing, version control, and search capabilities that reduce
debugging time, cut down on coding errors, and make it easier to understand
and navigate Python code.
Wing IDE is available in three product levels: Wing IDE Professional is
the full-featured Python IDE, Wing IDE Personal offers a reduced feature
set at a low price, and Wing IDE 101 is a free simplified version designed
for teaching entry level programming courses with Python.
System requirements are Windows 2000 or later, OS X 10.3.9 or later for
Intel (requires X11 Server), or a recent Linux system (either 32 or 64 bit).
Wing IDE 3.2 supports Python versions 2.0.x through 3.1.x.
*Purchasing and Upgrading*
Wing 3.2 is a free upgrade for all Wing IDE 3.0 and 3.1 users. Version 2.x
licenses cost 1/2 the normal price to upgrade.
Upgrade a 2.x license: https://wingware.com/store/upgrade
Purchase a 3.x license: https://wingware.com/store/purchase
The Wingware Team
Wingware | Python IDE
Advancing Software Development
More information about the product-announce